How the marketing of your home benefits from a
narrated video tour
According to the National Association of REALTORS® Profile of Home Buyers and Seller, most consumers found the home they purchased online. Therefore, sellers need to do more to make their listings stand out on the internet. While most real estate sales professionals post a series of photographs for a “virtual tour” a video tour is a more powerful tool for today’s online consumer. Here are some of the many reasons why sellers should consider listing their home with a REALTOR® that produces video tours.
1. Video tours can “sell”. When a home buyer goes online to search for properties, they typically look at the photos and they may read a list of features. However, does the traditional online presentation really “sell” your home? That is, does it persuade a home shopper to schedule an appointment to view your home in person? A video tour does so by pointing out the desirable features of your home with narration. Further, some home buyers are already working with their own Buyer’s Agent who set up the showing for your listing. A buyer who views the video tour will know more about your house than their buyer’s agent, who will likely not be familiar with your home’s selling points. By increasing the chances for a showing, you increase your chances for a sale. Video tours facilitate engagement with the home buyer with narration.
2. Video tours are a 24/7 open house Open houses are a great way to get potential home buyers into your home. A video tour is like a having an open house 24 hours a day, 7 days a week without having to leave the comfort of your living room! They also provide a broader reach. Someone who is relocating from California to Massachusetts will not make it to an open house on a Sunday between the hours of 1 and 3PM. However, they will be able to view a video tour of your property online. They will also be able to share it with friends and family around the world. A narrated video tour will also save you time and money as you won’t have to clean or leave your house for a buyer who wouldn’t be interested.
3. Community information: The community where a home is located is just as important as the home itself. Video tours allow home sellers to sell a particular city or town in addition to the property being sold. Home shoppers appreciate this information. According to Digital House Hunt, new home buyers put an emphasis on videos to view the house and the community in which it is located.
4. Social Networking Social networking websites like Facebook, Twitter, & Linked in have become a big part of real estate sales in recent years. They are a great way to build word-of-mouth advertising for your home.
5. Search Engine Optimization When a home buyer begins their search for a home, they may start by using a search engine like Google or Yahoo. They will type in keywords that will yield different results. By publishing video tours of your listings, you will increase the chances that your listings will appear near the top of the list. The more visible you are online, the better the chances of that home buyer seeing your home first. Home sellers benefit greatly with the proper utilization of video tours in their marketing campaign.